Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 1000 problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NuckenFutz

NuckenFutz

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:55 AM

Ok.... my keyboard is acting really stupid I cannot get my media keys to work like next song, vol up, mute they just stopped working and I installed the program that came with my keyboard and mouse then my media keys worked but still my volume keys and mute still don't work and ideas? I think it still has warranty it was a 2yr and I have had it for about 8 months but still I don't want to be without a keyboard and mouse for 2 weeks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kyle B

Kyle B

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:17 PM

Did it simply stop working out of the blue or was this gradual? (breakdown of one button, then the next, etc.)

#3 NuckenFutz

NuckenFutz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

Just all the sudden. One day everything worked and then it didnt =/

#4 Chris_Pool

Chris_Pool

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:17 AM

Try reinstalling the driver or whatever program came on the CD. If that doesn't work, I think there's a way to set media keys through control panel "Keyboard".
Don't worry if you don't have the CD because the programs are almost certainly on microsoft's site.

#5 NuckenFutz

NuckenFutz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:17 PM

Sorry about taking forever to reply but what makes no sense is when I boot vista on my PC the keys work fine so I had the idea to go into device manager and uninstall the keyboard then reboot and see if it is fixed and no it still won't work I think I am going to just reinstall XP because I think its windows that is messed up

#6 bradumd

bradumd

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

Do you mind telling us the exact model of the mouse and keyboard?

Also can you elaborate on your last post.

Is the system you are currently operating on Windows XP or Vista?

Does the problem exist for both OS or just one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users