Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

yahoo log in problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Roograd08

Roograd08

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:57 AM

Yesterday, my computer would not connect to My Yahoo (my home page) for about an hour. When it did, it would not let me sign out. The security icon would pop up with the message: The currnet webpage is trying to open a site in your trusted sites list. Do you want to allow this? (Yes, No). I reset my trusted sites zones to default level and that got rid of the pop up and eventually, I was able to sign out. But now, when I try to log in to Yahoo, it will take me back to the main page. When I try to sign in again, the verification page says Hi Chris and gives me the option to sign out while in the box below I am still being prompted for my password. There are not any error messages, either. Any clues as to why I can't log on to yahoo? My wife can't either, but we both can on our laptop? Could it be that I was still logged onto yahoo when my computer made updates the other night? This only happens with Yahoo. I can access my Hotmail account and other websites without a problem.
UPDATE!!! "about:blank" briefly appears in the browser window while I am transferred back to the homepage.

Edited by Roograd08, 16 October 2010 - 02:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roograd08

Roograd08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:27 AM

PROBLEM SOLVED! I DELETED THE HOMEPAGE URL FROM MY TRUSTED SITES AND NOW THERE IS NO TROUBLE. AM I AN IDIOT?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users