Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 03 Spell Check

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jessica Ann

Jessica Ann

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:41 PM

Running Office 2003 in a networked XP Pro environment, including Citrix. Wondering if the is a way to set a mandatory spell check for all users from the server level? I am truly hoping not to hit every user/PC personally.

Any help or thoughts would be great, thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:14 PM

I have never done it before. I have some users that don't actually like the spell checker prompting them after a message is composed. :thumbsup:

I found a couple of links that might help you find the answer.

I am sure if you test the deployment packages, it will have an area to customize menu settings within Outlook.

Deployment - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistan...1401971033.aspx
Deployment Center - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX011353441033.aspx

Hope that helps,
JC

#3 MS Network Pro

MS Network Pro

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:12 PM

This can be done using active directory. Assuming you are using a MS domain, you go into Objects and applications in the active directory policies. There you control most aspects of users. The easiest way is to administer this is to send instructions to everyone with simple instructions to use MS Word as the email editor. This uses spell check inherently. If you are not careful, making it a domain wide policy can create frustrations larger than mispelled words.

Edited by MS Network Pro, 24 November 2005 - 12:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users