Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 03 Delegates

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jessica Ann

Jessica Ann

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:37 PM

Does anyone know of an easy way to give an email delegate Editor permissions on ALL outlook folders and sub folders, without having to edit the permissions on every specific folder?? Running Office 2003 on XP Pro. Thanks all!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 MS Network Pro

MS Network Pro

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:31 PM

You will have to use the Delegates in Tools / Options.

I am not sure the depth of this question, so I am assuming a user wants to give rights to all outlook folders, including callendar and Contacts. You may just want to get that users password. But deligates are the most elegant and secure. Unfortunately there is no global set.

In the active directory under Exchange options under the user account, you can use the "send on behlaf of" options. This requires admin rights of course to set this up.

From you posts, it looks as if you have some admin duties. If I can recomend a few links for you as resources try this:

MS Technet Office site ( a great in-depth resource) :
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...ech/office.mspx

Microsoft Office website

:Ast;y, get the Using Mocrosoft Office 2003 fat book (Microsoft Press). It needs to be next to your desk. It has tons of very useful in-depth technical info, is easy to read and very useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users