Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google-analytics.com redirecting entire network

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thirdcoaster

thirdcoaster

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:20 PM

First...thank you for your help in this matter. It has been driving me absolutely crazy for about 2+ weeks now.

Some sites I visit will begin to load, and suddenly switch to google-analytics.com, and never load. In addition, I have several sites redirecting to different sites, such as chinontv, and other strange searches. I have a wireless network set up using a netgear wireless g router wgr614v10. There is a gateway hard wired to the router running XP Pro with service pack 3. My wireless comp. that is also experiencing the same type of issues is an older mac ibook g4 w/ OSX 10.3.9.

I have run malwarebytes, adaware, and AVG free anti-virus and have found nothing of note. In addition I have hard reset my router, and updated the firmware, and the issue is still bugging me. I have not attached any logs because I didn't want to waste anyone's time with the wrong info, but let me know and I'll attach any logs that can be of assistance.

Thanks again.

-marcus

Edited by hamluis, 15 October 2010 - 06:57 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:23 PM

google-analytics.com Is a site that webmasters subscribe to in order to get site statistics like visits, browsers, and what not. It is perfectly safe.

#3 thirdcoaster

thirdcoaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:26 PM

Thanks Dan for a fast reply. It is not just google-analytics...some sited will not load at all (always the same sites), and I'm constantly getting redirected to bunk search sites.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:30 PM

I have asked this to be moved to Am I Infected.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:20 AM

Still getting this issue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users