Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Persistent online issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 meAJ

meAJ

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:15 PM

Hello all...first post here. Here is my problem: Dell Inspiron 910, XP Home (very stripped down version), and IE8; when I try to bring up my streaming quotes on my broker's site, the streaming window simply doesn't open...no error messages; next, when I try to log into my ISP's website email server to check email away from home, it doesn't accept my log-in info...no error message; when I go to another site, I see a jumble of code that appears all over the intro page of the site(???!!!)
I don't know what's up...I've disabled my firewall, tried various repair utilities, talked to various folks at my ISP and the broker's site....nothing that works.
But here's the interesting thing....it doesn't do this in Safe Mode! Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Edited by meAJ, 15 October 2010 - 05:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:01 AM

Have you tried reinstalling/resetting your browser?

Have you tried a different browser?

Have you checked Event Viewer for errors noted which might provide clues?

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic40108.html

Can you go to Windows Update?

Are you referring to problems at specific sites...or every website you attempt to visit?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users