Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

URL changing in Yahoo Mail

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 vivienne

vivienne

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:11 AM

It has been suggested from the email forum that I post a message here as I have a strange problem with access to my Yahoo mail in Internet Explorer. For some reason the URL is changing sometimes from uk.mc290 at the beginning of it to de.mc240 and where you sometimes try and access your mail and get a message up to the effect that it is temporarily down, when the de.mc240 is showing the message is in a different language, maybe German. I have emailed Yahoo but not heard from them yet. I used an Internet Cafe recently while in Spain and wondered if someone is now accessing my email but I have changed my password. I have deleted history, cookies etc., from my browser but it is still the same. I also downloaded the Firefox Browser but it is still doing it in there. Has anyone experienced this and can advise me if there is anything I can do to stop it happening? I have done a search with AdAware and Windows Defender and aren't supposed to have any Malware, but a few days ago AdAware said it had successfully deleted Trojan.Win32.Generic.!BT.

Edited by vivienne, 15 October 2010 - 03:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users