Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Searches are getting redirected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Psion1987

Psion1987

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:15 PM

Hello. I am a first timer to the BC forums.

I've got this weird infection which makes search links redirect to various different sites, usually with the symbol next to the URL being a Blue Squiggle or a Green Globe. It also creates new windows that open that go to the same sites. I've run Spybot S&D, Malware Bytes, Avira, Symantec, and even Windows One Scan. They've all gotten rid of the worst malware on my computer (awful fake anti-spyware stuff that blocked all real anti-virus software), but none of them even show me having a problem. I also uninstalled all my Firefox add-ons - some of which I definitely didn't install, and it got a little better, but I still get redirected. What can I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kissthesky420

kissthesky420

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:52 PM

I had that it once before and it was a add-on. it tried to disguise itself as a microsoft type. if you have any left after removing some, try going through one by one and disabling them and checking for the problem after each one. If not another suggestion would be maybe your Malware Bytes has been compromised, uninstall it, re-download it and install it but don't let it auto start or update itself. go to wherever you installed it and open it up and find the MBAM application and rename it to whatever( mine is MySniper ). Then restart your computer in safe mode with networking, update and run full scan. Thats all I got for you. hope it works out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users