Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer prints landscape when portrait selected and vice versa.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thejestre

thejestre

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

So the office printer we have been using for quite some time is now having issues. It use to print just fine, but slowly it has been causing more and more problems.

It started as an isolated thing on one computer from within Office 2007. It would print from tray 2 if tray 3 was selected and vice versa, but only when printing from Office 2007. Notepad and OpenOffice printed correctly. Also it would print portrait when landscape was selected and vice versa, but only from Office 2007.

A week later and a second computer had the same problems.

Now similar problems occur when trying to print PDFs.

As far as I can tell nothing was changed. Certainly there were no hardware changes. A Windows or Office update may have snuck in. I'm pretty technically able but this is driving me insane. I have looked at the print properties of both the printer and the preferences within Office Word 2007.

The printer is a HP LaserJet 4200 networked to machines running Win XP SP3.

All help greatly appreciated, thank you,

_theJestre

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:45 AM

<<So the office printer we have been using for quite some time is now having issues.>>

Just how long is "quite some time" and what was/is the warranty period?

You've uninstalled/reinstalled the driver and other software...and checked the HP website for any applicable updates that may have been issued since your purchase?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users