Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi guys

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hoothoot

Hoothoot

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:16 AM

Hello to all!
I'm from Poland, and because of that my English is not very good.
I came here to learn sth about fighting malware (well, I have some experience now), but I'm really waiting for your Malware Removing Training Program being able to apply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

Welcome Hoothoot,

My English isn't good either, I'm from Belgium-Antwerp.
Good luck with your fight against malware. Alot of malware problems here and everywhere. :thumbsup:

Edited by ErikAlbert, 14 October 2010 - 10:43 AM.

ErikAlbert - "Simplicity is always brilliant" - "Every software sucks, some suck more than others."
WinXPproSP3 + Comodo Firewall + FirstDefense-ISR + Anti-Executable + Sandboxie + ShadowProtect - no scanners, no cleaners.
I remove superfluous and evil objects, not because they are there, but because they weren't there.

#3 Hoothoot

Hoothoot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

Hi ErikAlbert, thanks for your reception and wishes :thumbsup:

By the way, can anyone explain me:
- what is a passcode, needed to sign up in the Admissions Center, and how do I get it;
- where can I find list of certified ComboFix users if it exists;
- and what are the qualifications that a forum requires to be on this list -> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/h...combofix#forums

#4 ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:06 PM

I'm just a member, I can't answer these questions, but you can ask any moderator of this forum.

Edited by ErikAlbert, 14 October 2010 - 12:07 PM.

ErikAlbert - "Simplicity is always brilliant" - "Every software sucks, some suck more than others."
WinXPproSP3 + Comodo Firewall + FirstDefense-ISR + Anti-Executable + Sandboxie + ShadowProtect - no scanners, no cleaners.
I remove superfluous and evil objects, not because they are there, but because they weren't there.

#5 Hoothoot

Hoothoot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:31 PM

By "ask", you mean send Private Message?

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:03 PM

As stated in this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic86678.html

Please Note:
Due to the large numbers of requests for training, we utilize an automated program that will open a training slot to applicants when one becomes available. If the classes are full, please check back often to see if there is an opening. Additionally we request that you have a minimum of 20 posts on the Bleeping Computer forum. This will be used in conjunction with the application process to help us get an understanding of your posting style an ability to interact on a forum style help site.

Do not contact staff members via PM to request admission. This will result in a negative response, and will prevent your acceptance to the program. If you feel that special circumstances require our attention, contact this Site Admin only.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 Hoothoot

Hoothoot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:37 PM

Thank you Animal, but I read it and there are no answers to my questions. Could you answer it?

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:30 PM

We expect that applicants to the study hall have a minimum of 20 posts, as I have posted. After they have accumulated 20 posts they can watch the topic I linked to earlier and check the link within and see if a slot opens up. If after some time of not being able to get a slot, they feel they have unique skills that warrant attention they can send me a PM which is the Site Admin link.

To be qualified to reply to ComboFix topics or to be a helper on the listed forums, the general rule is to be a graduate of one of the recognized malware schools. I can't and won't speak officially for the other forums but that is the general rule.

A list of 'certified' ComboFix helpers does not exist in open forums.

As for passcodes, that does not apply at this time.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#9 Hoothoot

Hoothoot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:47 PM

I do appreciate your reply. Topic can be closed.

Edited by Hoothoot, 14 October 2010 - 03:48 PM.

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:54 PM

As a general rule we do not close non malware related topics.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users