Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

power supply problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 merecon5

merecon5

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:45 AM

Hey there - hoping someone can help me sort this out!
I have had the same power supply as long as I have had my Dell Inspiron E1505 and all of a sudden the computer thinks it is a foreign power supply. It still works when the computer is plugged in but it won't charge the battery at all. Is there any way to tell the computer that this is the usual power supply?

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:20 PM

What makes you think that the system thinks its a foreign power supply?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 DickNervous

DickNervous

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

If the system is saying that it does not recognize the power supply and won't charge the battery when you are using it, it is most likely because the power brick is not supplying enough power. So it is probably on it's way out. If you leave it plugged in and powered off it *should* charge the battery. It is just not providing enough juice to do both, power the laptop and charge the battery.

So you should start looking for a replacement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users