Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba product recovery disc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 slimbo

slimbo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:11 AM

Hi!
I have a failing Toshiba laptop which was unable to boot into windows.
I sent off to Toshiba for a product recovery disc quoting the serial number on the bottom of the laptop.
I boot from this CD and it goes into recovery, asks me to select language etc and then loads all the files .
All seems to be ok at this stage but then when it switches itself off after saying all files loaded ok I get the following error
after reboot -:
File \windows\system32\config\system
status 0xc00000c9
Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt.

Does this point to a hard drive failure? If so how do all the files appear to load on recovery?

For further info I have an identical laptop and when I tried swapping the hard drives the same thing happens but on the other laptop.
Thanks for your time and assistance. All contributions gratefully received.

and after a further attempt, a different error -:
Windows failed to start. A Recent Hardware or software change might be the cause.
Then asks me to Insert Windows Intallation disc and restart.
file \windows\system32\drivers\lsi_fc.sys
status 0xc00000c9
Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt.

Slimbo

Edited by slimbo, 14 October 2010 - 08:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:16 AM

You gonna need to use the Startup repair from the windows disc.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 slimbo

slimbo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:02 AM

The only windows disc is the product recovery disc as provided by Toshiba, I assumed that this is their version of the windows disc, this is what they are telling me.
Is this not true?

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:04 AM

The only windows disc is the product recovery disc as provided by Toshiba, I assumed that this is their version of the windows disc, this is what they are telling me.
Is this not true?

It probably has the same repair options like the original windows disc.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#5 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:19 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic28744.html

See if you can run a diagnostic on that hard drive?

Did you slow format? Was that even an option for the install?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users