Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing - Trouble Finding The Right Paper

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:40 PM

[font=Verdana]I have a canon iP3000 my main reason i purchsed it was because it prints directly onto the printable surface on CD and DVD. I print pictures, photos on Canon brand photo paper and i get brilliant results and happy with that. but if i print on ordinary every paper is where i get into trouble. Some brands i get crappy black text where it sort of goes all spidery (this includes Canon brand paper) and have tried printing on both sides. Colour text also goes like that on non canon brand paper. But very good results on canon paper. I can't find a paper that will print very good in both black and colour. I need to find a solution. My old Canon iP1500 printed black text perfect everytime on any paper as well as colour but this iP3000 doesn't. Printing on CD/DVD surface, Canon brand photo paper is great. If i print a CD cover or DVD cover on the canon brand paper the prints perfect but the black runs into the colour and spoils it. If i print on other brand paper the black soaks into the paper while the colour comes out all splotchy. There must be paper outhere that works great for both black & colour.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 17 November 2005 - 08:23 PM

Have you tried the different settings, Draft, Text, Text & Image, etc.?
How long have you had it, have you cleaned the nozzles lately?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:34 PM

I tried all that "Draft" isn't very good when you do something good. The nozzles and rollers get a clean every time i change the tanks. I had the printer for like a few months 6 by the most. driving me crazy maybe i shoul contact Canon about it but i hae doing that because ya always seem to get some idiot who doesn't speak english very well.

#4 donzo44

donzo44

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:00 AM

Have you tried the different settings, Draft, Text, Text & Image, etc.?
How long have you had it, have you cleaned the nozzles lately?

Hi

Did you also try the settings for different types of paper?

Otherwise I would suspect hardware and phone Canon.

I have a Pixma iP5000 which works fine with different papers and also printing onto printable CD/DVD's.

Regards

Bryan
Dual Opteron 250's, 1.6TB, youngest son still at home, large electricity bill

#5 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:52 PM

for plain paper i leave it on the default.
Canon office paper "High Quality" it on what:
Plain, High Res Paper, Photo Pro, Photo Plus Glossy
Photo Plus DOuble Sided, Matte Photo Paper, T-Shirt Transfer, Envelope,
i didn't find that High Res Paper was much different from Plain Paper.
i don't have trouble with Cd/DVD printing.

#6 donzo44

donzo44

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:25 PM

Hi

No problem with those settings.

I use a variety of reasonable quality paper and they all seem to be OK. Then again we are comparing apples and oranges.

Assume you are using Canon ink? Compatibles may(will?) produce inferior results so I don't use them.

No doubt if you phone Canon they will recommend Canon paper.

Regards

Bryan
Dual Opteron 250's, 1.6TB, youngest son still at home, large electricity bill

#7 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:41 PM

i use genuine ink in it, as i used thise chapies in me od printer and the inks run togther making a mess. i know canon will reccomend there dear paper but there paper doesn't like the black ink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users