Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Email

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vivienne

vivienne

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:59 AM

I have a strange problem with access to my Yahoo mail in Internet Explorer. For some reason the URL is changing sometimes from uk.mc240 at the beginning of it to de.mc290 and where you sometimes try and access your mail and get a message up to the effect that it is temporarily down but then click again and you can access your mail, when the de.mc290 is showng the message box opens in what appears to be German. I have emailed Yahoo but not heard from them yet. I used an Internet Cafe recently while in Spain and wondered if someone is now accessing my email but I have changed my password. Has anyone experienced this and can advise me if there is anything I can do to stop it happening?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 max7bg

max7bg

• Banned
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:18 AM

Go to malware forum, and post problem there, i had same problem changing to netherlands language, and it was malware

#3 vivienne

vivienne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:56 AM

I would appreciate it if you could let me know what you did to sort the problem out. I have done a search and don't have any Malware on, supposedly, at the moment, but the other day Ad-Aware said it had successfully deleted Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT, but I don't know what that is likely to do.

#4 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:35 AM

Try clearing your browser's cache/history/cookies.

If that doesn't work, you may have an infection.

Edited by NpaMA, 15 October 2010 - 12:35 AM.

#5 vivienne

vivienne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:57 AM

No - that hasn't worked. I will post a message on the malware forum as suggested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users