Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Relaying Mail From Our Web Server Through Exchange

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:04 PM

Big Bleeping Problem.

I have a Web Server Application that sends mail to all our internal addresses just fine, but it won't send mail to any address external to our company.

The vendor of the web-application that runs on the web server said the problem was most likely relaying in MS Exchange, or lack thereof.

The application only needs to send email. It doesn't receive any email.

To paraphrase, he said I would need to set our web server to be accepted as a relay by our MS Exchange server. I asked him if he meant setting up an open relay and he said no. He said something along the lines of we can set Exchange to relay mail from our webserver but not from any other machines. He also said that he didn't know enough about Exchange to tell me how to set this up.

The web server is running IIS. The exchange server is running Exchange 2003.

Any ideas?

I welcome any help at all even if it is only to refer me to a forum more applicable to MS Exchange issues.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:38 PM

You should read this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...roduct=exch2003

Scroll down to the section about To Configure IP Address Restrictions

#3 BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 17 November 2005 - 08:28 PM

Thank you Grinler,

That looks helpfull. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you know if it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users