Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing ibryte homepage in Firefox browser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bladesofazrael

bladesofazrael

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:23 AM

I've tried removing the ibryte homepage in my firefox browser. I have a difficulty dealing with it. I tried replacing it with yahoo but still it retains as the ibryte homepage. Please help, thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 max7bg

max7bg

• Banned
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:54 AM

Go to Tools/Options/General
Then under the Home page type www.yahoo.com
Hope this will help!

Edited by max7bg, 14 October 2010 - 07:55 AM.

#3 cheeky1

cheeky1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:28 AM

I am having this same issue with ibryte, and joined this forum because this thread showed on the search engine.

unfortunately, the above answer isn't accurate. There is no "home page" on the screen for tools/options/general.

I have tried dragging a new web page icon into the home icon, and that works until i reboot firefox. This has been going on for a few weeks now that i constantly get this ibryte home page hijacking and I suspect it's going to have to be removed from my registry. I figure it's a trojan/malware of some kind involved.

Does anyone have any info on this please? I am tired of seeing that tacky screen that comes up every time, and i've resorted to avoiding firefox a great deal now because of this issue.

p.s. when i typed in "ibryte" in the search engine for this forum, nothing came up. =(

#4 VaynardX

VaynardX

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:58 AM

^

Try running malwarebytes, it might get that malware and remove it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users