Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't boot in any mode

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 katydidonline

katydidonline

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:01 AM

I bought my grandaughter a Compaq Mini 110c. I have no idea what happened before I got the computer from her today but it will not boot in any mode. It goes directly to the black (We apologize.....windows did not start correctly) screen. No matter what choice I make (any safe mode - last working configuration - regular mode) it goes briefly to the windows spalsh screen then right back to the black screen.

There is no cd drive - just usb jacks. I don't have a recovery disk and the only windows XP disk I have is an upgrade.

any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 max7bg

max7bg

• Banned
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:02 AM

Try restore, if you have installed Recovery Console, then use system installation cd to restore a system to an earlier time...
If it's not helping you must reinstall system...
Sorry for bad english, hope this would help

#3 Gabrial

Gabrial

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:06 AM

Try pressing F6 imediately before windows boot and attempt to do a system recovery, which will wipe the machine and take it back to factory new condition.

Other option it to order recovery CD's from compaq and use an external optical drive to install them.

#4 katydidonline

katydidonline
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:38 AM

THANK YOU GABRIAL!!

F6 worked and I was able to do a system recovery...Yipppeeee

#5 Gabrial

Gabrial