Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HKCU:Run Gvuvil rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\dlocafit.dll",Startup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thelmarie

thelmarie

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

Hello

I had Ramnit virus 2 weeks ago and ended up reformatting my hard drive and starting from scratch (thanks to Mole for all the help with that issue). I reformatted, reinstalled Avira, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Malware Bytes, Super Anti Spyware, Zone Alarm and CCleaner. All updates are current as well as all Microsoft updates.

Using CCleaner I noticed today an odd entry in my Start up list and I am wondering if anyone can advise about it. I have deleted it from the Start up list twice and upon reboot it always returns.

Yes HKCU:Run Gvuvil rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\dlocafit.dll",Startup

I have run Avira, Spybot, Malware Bytes and Super Anti Spyware which have not yet turned up this entry (some others which were dealt with did pop up). I also ran Windows Live Onecare which came back clean.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thelma

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

Hi, I can't find info on this yet. Try disable and not delete and see.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 thelmarie

thelmarie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:38 PM

Hello

I have tried both disable and delete using CCleaner and Spybot - the entry always comes back.

I have run Spybot on boot and it comes back clean. I am really suspicious about this entry - it justs rings my alarm bells. It was not there when I reformatted. And the only programs I have added are Spybot, CCleaner, Windows Defender, Spybot, Spyware blaster, Malware Bytes, Super Anti Spyware and Legacy (a genealogy program that is running on two other computers in our house). We have 5 other computers in our house all running the same programs and nobody has this entry.

It popped up last night when I checked CCleaner's start up list.

Thanks

Thelma

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:24 AM

Hello. I fell asleep last nite and didn't answer anyone...
I cannot find good info on this. Since we had a Ramnit infection. I think we should re open the Malware topic and post a new DDS to be sure and not just delete this without a better look. OK?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 thelmarie

thelmarie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:07 PM

Hello

I will certainly do that - thanks for suggesting that.

Thelma

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

You're welcome. Your topic
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1949758
From m0le

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this topic has been closed. Glad we could help.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact me via pm with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users