Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why lock thread?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:03 PM

Why was this topic closed before the OP was able to clarify where his game was downloaded from? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic352881.html
Some of my games are downloaded as ISO files. An ISO file needs to be burned to a disk, then installed from that disk not from the downloaded ISO file. For example this download is quite legit and is an ISO file, not an illegal copy: http://fighterace.ketsujin.com/
It seems presumptuous and insulting to imply that someone is trying to install illegal software without knowing all of the facts.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

It seems presumptuous and insulting to imply that someone is trying to install illegal software without knowing all of the facts.

Have you ever heard of a legal Warez site?

Please read the whole thread

:huh:

Edited by DaChew, 13 October 2010 - 02:12 PM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:25 PM

I'm not big on pirating software so I'm not familiar with the term 'Warez'. Maybe the user isn't familiar with it either. Did anyone bother to explain it to him? As far as I'm concerned, buying a game from a download site is looking for trouble. I haven't found a game yet that I couldn't wait a few days for and have a genuine copy delivered right to my front door. I've waited as long as four days with no adverse effects. No panic attacks, no irregular heartbeat, no loss of sleep. Kids these days! When will they ever learn?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

All About Warez...

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users