Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yellow Line Visible on Monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 billybob43

billybob43

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:32 AM

I've have the same problem on my computer screen as well Kimberlylarae! I have a 19" wide screen monitor by Norcent and about a year after purchasing my computer screen, I got this thin yellow line going down the left side of my computer screen, about a quarter inch from the edge of my computer screen. I tried everything myself, including unplugging the screen, to purchasing a graphics card! But, nothing helped! So, I called a friend who owns his own computer shop here in my hometown and he advised me, that its just a glitch in the computer screen and that there is nothing that I can do about it! I was disappointed too, but there was nothing that I could do about it either, except purchasing another computer screen! So, I just put up with it. I'm so use to it now, that it doesn't bother me anymore. But, I'm sorry that I couldn't give you better news, but I hope that helps anyways, in knowing that there are others out there with the same problem! :thumbsup:

Edited by hamluis, 13 October 2010 - 10:07 AM.
Split from different thread ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:22 AM

Appreciate your response to the thread I moved this post from...but your solution/situation may be entirely different from that of the thread you posted to.

To prevent responses to two different situations in the same thread, I moved your post.

FWIW: I would have adviseed...reading the warranty for such, if the monitor truly was bad.

Louis.

#3 Gabrial

Gabrial

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

Often times these types of lines can be, for awhile, made to go away by finding the point around the edge of the screen where the lcd matrix line has come lose from the control circuit by applying moderate pressure to the edge of the actual panel. If you can find the point where the line goes away, you can sometimes put a shim in the monitor housing, applying pressure to that point constantly, and making the line go away.

You should see if your computer friend is experienced in electronics and willing to try this fix. It's not something I would recommend to the average user, as the voltages coming off the inverter used to power the florescant backlight in the screen can be rather shocking.

Your alternative is to replace the panel or monitor completely.

Edited by Gabrial, 13 October 2010 - 03:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users