Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What happened to my audio drivers?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ghunt

ghunt

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

OK I'm a little confused here.

My sound on my computer worked fine yesterday.

Today, I have no sound whatsoever. I was able to get Winamp to work by switching it from the default audio (which it said had errors) to Realtek HD audio. However when I go to Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices, everything is grayed out and says no device selected, yet all my drivers say they are working properly.

How do I fix this? I haven't changed anything since yesterday aside from running Malwarebytes last night, which found one thing and removed it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ghunt

ghunt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:53 AM

oops nevermind...I restarted the computer and suddenly everything is fine and dandy. Sorry

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:46 PM

Gremlins, obviously!

Glad they decided to leave when you rebooted!
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 ghunt

ghunt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:35 PM

OK so here's an update...I think this may be related to another issue I have (posted about in the malware forum)...

At some point awhile after starting the computer, it pops up and says Generic Host Processes (Win32) has crashed...and after that my sound doesn't work.

Ugh, I've got something on this computer that none of my spyware programs is finding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users