Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hotmail troubles with IE8 and Firefox 3.6.10

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 korben83

korben83

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:02 AM

Hi all and thanks for help :thumbsup:

I have a big trouble with hotmail, and only with one of my adresses and only from my PC. That means it doesn't come (i guess) from hotmail.

Under IE8: I can't reply to messages, it goes to a error HTTP 400, then, if i try to go back to the message or the home page of my box, impossible, I have a http 408/409 error... To connect again to my hotmail account, i need to close my browser... Until I use the reply function, i can read my messages, send new messages and so on.

Under Firefox: I can access the account, but I can't read emails. If i try, the page turns white, no error message.

I have already done virus test, malware tests (malwarebytes, Microsoft Security Essentials), and a Spybot scan... a fex trojan and backdoors found, cleaned, but still the same problem. I've also changed my account password and the security question...

What else can I do (without formating my PC..)

I've done a highjackthis test, I didn't see something said as dangerous, but I'm not an expert for this. I can send the report, or post it here?

Thanks for your help :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 korben83

korben83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:18 AM

I still have the trouble and I don't want to formate my PC, please help :S

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,088 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:51 PM

You have no other problems with anything requiring Web access?

You can update your AV...go to microsoft.com...etc.?

You have no other problems with either browser accessing anything?

Do you download your email to your system? If so...have you checked your settings or set your email up anew?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 25 October 2010 - 05:23 PM.

#4 korben83

korben83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:58 AM

Every other website works perfectly. My windows update works, my anti-virus has working updates, no other troubles for surfing and so on. This is just that email adress not working on both firefox and IE, and ONLY from my PC. I can connect from an other place, it works. I don't use any tool like outlook.

Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

#5 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:15 AM

The HTTP 400, 408,409 errors are always from the client side - most of the time meaning your web browser.
Looks like malformed request owing to some kind of toolbar or add-on that you have installed. Have you tried running browser without add-ons? Right-click on Desktop IE icon and choose "start without addons".

#6 korben83

korben83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:53 PM

I didn't know that function, but unfortunately still not working :thumbsup:

#7 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:42 PM

What kind of firewall are you using? Have you tried by disabling or turning off the firewall?
Some firewalls may insert or remove javascript and other objects inside the web pages. This may cause unexpected behavior in some web sites.

#8 korben83

korben83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:41 PM

I don't use any firewall. But how could it impact on only one email adress?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users