Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Real Player

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:33 PM

Hi,

Can anyone explain to me why everytime I listen to a stream through Real Player it always Time Outs? It's extremely annoying and the only reason that I can think of that it does this is that I'm only using the free version. Is that why? I hope that isn't why. But in any case does anyone know why and how it can be corrected? It Times Out ever 2 minutes. It's a hassle a specially when that's the only player some site offer for their stream. They do offer to down load the recording and I'm not sure if it would only play in Real then too? What ever you might know about this I'd appreciate hearing. Thank you.

Sincerely,

John
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,240 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:29 PM

see if this helps r u using plyer 10 ?

Increase the time-out settings, and try playing the clip again.

1. In RealPlayer on the Tools menu, click Preferences. The Preferences box opens.
2. In the Category pane, click Connection.
3. Under Network Time-out, increase the time-out settings by 10 seconds.
4. Click OK.
5. Try to play the clip again.
6. If you still have problems, increase the time-out settings by another 10 seconds and try again.

Keep trying until the clip plays or it becomes obvious that increasing the time-out settings will not resolve this problem. Increasing this time also increases the time you wait for a time-out message to appear.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users