Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scrolling nightmare

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sarkysod

Sarkysod

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

Everything was fine until after a windows update on 29/9 (coincidence?) anyway after rebooting I visited a saved page which loaded as normal. Suddenly the page dropped to the bottom of the screen and naturally enough I tried to scroll back up, the page would scroll a short distance, then flicker in a ghostly fashion and drop down again. The only way it might succeed is by using the mouse and keyboard arrows in tandem.

No Malware detected, no virus, drivers up to date, no conflicts. So I did a system restore setting it back two days and the problem continued. Right clicking in the verticle scroll bar of web pages did nothing. At my next boot the HD was clicking furiously so I sent my PC off for repairs.

It came back allegedly having passed all diagnostic tests, however the clicking in the HD is like a castanet player on speed when it tries to boot up, the scrolling problem is still constant though now its in word as well. On some web pages after loading the page may behave normally then suddenly drops away.

Ok I do appreciate that these are probably two separate probs here but any ideas on the scrolling?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:47 PM

It came back allegedly having passed all diagnostic tests, however the clicking in the HD is like a castanet player on speed when it tries to boot up

Does it happen, when booting ONLY?
Are you sure, it's a hard drive?
What browser are we talking about here?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 Gabrial

Gabrial

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:06 PM

What program are you using to view this saved page? Is it happening in other software? Word? Internet Explorer? Windows Explorer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users