Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Message saying Infected with 32 Trojans

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LisaSavickas

LisaSavickas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:37 PM

I am helping a friend with a computer. She did not have much info to give me, this is what she told me:

she had a popup that said Virus detected, then an automatic scan came up and said it found 32 trojans. She said it looked like it had the Symantec logo at the top left corner. She then clicked the X on the right hand corner and turned the computer off. I checked the history and quarantine in Symantec and nothing was showing up in there.

I ran a MalwareBytes full scan and nothing has shown up so far. I am still in the middle of the scan, but wanted to get this posted and find out if you had further steps I should also take.

Thanks so much for your help!
Lisa

PS I can't run a virus scan...I go to run it, it starts, after a blip says "complete" and show zero files scanned.

Edited by LisaSavickas, 12 October 2010 - 03:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users