Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

anti virus wont let me on the net

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 talx

talx

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:28 AM

My mate is running xp and avg free anti virus recently when trying to update avg it just hangs after a while and will not finish, iv also noticed that every time the pc is switched on the windows firewall is switched off even when i turn it back on on restarting its turned off again, anyway i decided to replace his avg with another anti virus so uninstalled avg and installed windows security essentials done a scan and it found a few nasties one especially named/or located at c:\widows\system32\ws2_32.dll. it tried to get rid of this but asked for a restart to finish the clean, but after restart it found it again, i then tried to go on the net but alas could not ie saying 'cannot connect' tried running an app called 'system care' but this would not run, decided to uninstall 'windows essentials' and install a different anti virus, after uninstalling 'essentials' i could get onto the net decided to download and install avast free all went well it found a few nasties again, tried to get onto the net and avast brought up a box saying it has stopped a malicious thing (?) from running which was the ws2_32.dll (as above) but again could not then get on the net, it seems the only way to get on the net is to have no anti virus on his pc, not good, is all this connected, and how do i fix this. thanks all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users