Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown problem, web pages opening randomly and Hibernate function won't work

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 michellemabelle

michellemabelle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:38 AM

Hi I really hope some one can help me. I'm running XP and use IE8 for internet. Recently I've been having a weird problem. I'm online on a web page and a new web page randomly opens and pops up. Sometimes it can be a blank page, sometimes it can be a garbled long webpage address of letters and numbers that leads to a page that my computer warns me is a bad page. I have no idea how this is happening. Once this unknown page pops up my internet stops working and I cannot open any more pages or shut IE down. I also cannot get my laptop to hibernate (this may be a separate problem?).
I ran Malwarebytes and it came back clean. I donwloaded GMER and followed your instructions for turning off my internet and disabling AVG and Ad-Aware. I left the laptop to scan and when I came back a while later the laptop had restarted itself as it had encounered a 'fatal error', so I have no GMER log to post. I really don't know what to do!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:04 PM

Do you have the DDS logs? If so, please post them and I'll merge them to your initial post and remove my reply so your topic won't get lost.

Orange Blossom fruits_cherry.gif
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:45 AM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic is now closed. If you are experiencing issues with your computer, please start a new topic.

Orange Blossom fruits_cherry.gif
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users