Have you run your antivirus, and some spyware scans?
Run these online virus scanners:http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
Are you using these basic security programs?
(They're all free.)aČ free
- a complementary product to antivirus software which is specialized in protection against harmful software. Antivirus software often features an inadequate protection against Trojans, Dialers and Spyware. aČ fills this gap.ewido security suite
- offers protection against urgently growing threats like Trojans, Worms, Dialers, Hijackers, Spyware and Keyloggers.Ad-Aware
- A good program similar to SpyBot S & D.Spybot S&D
- Detects and removes spyware, of different types, from your computer.Spywareblaster
- A good program that prevents spyware from being installed on your computer in the first place. This program is always running in the background, protecting your computer. It prevents the installation of bad active X controls found in web pages.SpywareGuard
- A nice compliment to SpywareBlaster. This allows you the option to prevent downloads that contain bad active X controls.
If not, you need to. These programs, updated
and used regularly
, will do a lot to keep your computer clean of spyware, trojans, keyloggers, browser hijackers, etc...
Download them, update
them, and then run them.
When installing ewido security suite
, under Additional Options
uncheck:Install background guardInstall scan via context menuImportant:Please
read this tutorial
on Spybot S&D before using it. Spybot can do SERIOUS
damage, if not used properly.
Other useful Tutorials:Using Ad-Aware SEUsing SpywareBlasterUsing SpywareGuard