Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Suite Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zelala

zelala

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:22 AM

New to this website, so forgive me if I'm in the wrong area. I was recently smacked with the Security Suite Virus. I use MBAM and Avira as well as Ad-Aware pretty regularly. It seemed to have cleaned up the issue with not being able to get onto the internet. (I mostly followed a guideline that was posted somewhere in this webby, lol).

Yet, I am still having issues of it popping back up after A few days to even a week. Like it's not getting completely removed. There is also problem with accessing my User Accounts IE: Going from Control Panel to User Accounts. I ended up creating a new User and swapping my old user from Admin to this new one and have been needing to swap it back but every time I try to access the User Accounts Panel I get a Script Error, with the Yes and No buttons that remain there.

I only get the script error under the Admin User Account...the other User Account I can access just fine.

I also cannot do a System Restore, have not since I was infected by Security Suite a month or so ago.

AppName: rstrui.exe AppVer: 5.1.2600.5512 ModName: srrstr.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 Offset: 00009836

That is the Error Signature, not sure if it helps at all.

When I run MBAM or the other programs, it will sometimes catch something to remove but often comes up clean.

My browser(I use Firefox) also does not automatically log me into websites as it used to. Not a big thing, just something I've noticed. I might of been in the wrong to follow the Guide to remove Security Suite before posting for help first. It seemed to help at first, to atleast access the internet again... but My comp still seems to be infected. :thumbsup:

I use Windows XP ;)

Forgive my spelling and other grammar mistakes, 4 AM.. I wouldn't be suprised if this turned out to be all gibberish when I go back to reread it. lolol

Appreciate your Time!!!!!

~Z

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users