Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 PC will not load webpages possible "Microsoft security essentials fake"?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dumbmonkey912

dumbmonkey912

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:05 AM

My PC has stopped loading webpages in IE and chrome, but will update malwarebytes/SAS and other such programs. I have troedscans and such, but all that seems to work is system restoring to a certain restore point, but even that only gives me webpage access for a few minutes before chrome throws up error 102. I think the problem is "Microsoft security essentials" related as I've had a few of those popups and a new white flag with an red x icon near the clock.

I have tried rkill followed by mbam with no luck, and SAS, it always comes out with my Internet saying connected, and updating certain things, but not loading pages in the browser.

Help?

Edited by hamluis, 12 October 2010 - 07:56 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:32 AM

Have a read here: Removing the Microsoft security essentials fake Alert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users