Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser keeps getting redirected to odd websites.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mr._Burns

Mr._Burns

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:05 PM

So I recently started having a problem lately when I do a web search on a topic and click on a link in the results I automatically get redirected to a weird website that has absolutely nothing to with what I was searching.

For example, doing a search on spiders I get redirected to sites with the following addresses.
hxxp://mx2.33371.get-search-results.com/jump2/?affiliate=mx2&subid=33371&terms=spiders

hxxp://213.174.148.4/service/?623e94ec6f9ab09b66de4db2ef1a45e0

I am running Windows XP with Avast Anti-Virus. In addition to that I also regularly run Malwarebytes and Supersecretantispyware. When I first started getting redirected to these weird links I scanned with Avast, Malwarebytes, and Supersecretantispyware. After the scans were done NOTHING was detected. I would even restart and rescan and still get no detections. I have even been scanning my PC everyday hoping some update catches what is causing this but still nothing is detected.

Now about an hour ago I was doing another general search and got redirected to some weird site, but this time some malware was detected. Below is my Malwarebytes log.
Files Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\Tab\Application Data\hotfix.exe (Trojan.Agent.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Tab\Local Settings\Temp\0.752662389950292.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Delete on reboot.

Now does anybody have any advice on how I can get this crap off my PC?!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 06 November 2010 - 10:36 PM.
Deactivate links. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users