Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

missing biometric coprocessor driver

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 smilezrcool

smilezrcool

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

I recently purchased a used IBM Thinkpad T43p. When I restart the computer I get a balloon pop up in the task bar usb device corrupted. I then go to device mananger and under Other Devices I have a yellow question mark next to Biometric Coprocessor. I go to properties and click update driver but windows says driver unavailable. I am using Windows XP Sp 3. Does anyone know how to repair this issue because I have installed other devices and programs on the computer. Thanks!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,585 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:57 PM

Do you have the restore CD for the driver that came with the computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:09 PM

That seem`s to refer to a finger print reader. But am unable to find it on the Lenovo Support site.

#4 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:13 PM

Do you have the restore CD for the driver that came with the computer?

No I did dot get a restore CD with the computer.

#5 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:15 PM

That seem`s to refer to a finger print reader. But am unable to find it on the Lenovo Support site.

I do have finger print reader on the computer but it has not worked like the ones on the other IBM T43's that I have.

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:28 PM

Have never had a finger print reader to deal with. Was going to try to point you to the most current driver on the Lenovo Site. I was able to find your Thinkpad T43p listed but found no reference to a driver for it.

Maybe you will have better luck.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,585 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:29 PM

ThunderZ, I did find a reference to the finger print reader. And it suggested that there was a CD that came with this computer for the drivers, the finger print reader being one of these. I'll go back in a bit and post what I found.

What I've been cooking on the Weber kettle for the last two hours is now done. DINNER BREAK! :thumbsup:

Edit: Will I be docked for my break time? :flowers:

Edited by dc3, 11 October 2010 - 10:38 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:40 PM

:flowers:

What are we having? :thumbsup: :trumpet:

My edit for your edit: With our pay does it matter?

Edited by ThunderZ, 11 October 2010 - 10:41 PM.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,585 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:06 PM

Dinner menu: Country style pork ribs marinated over night in equal portions of Grand Marnier and a ginger teriyaki sauce . Cooked over indirect heat with briquettes and water soaked slivers of pear wood. Home made corn relish, tossed green salad with oil and vinegar dressing, and home made corn bread sticks made in a cast iron mold that is as old as I am. I didn't use bacon grease in the mold as it was once the custom, there are limits.

I do watch my diet, most of the time. But I remember reading some blurb about diets and moderation where the author stated that every now and then a slice of Black Forest cake can be the staff of life.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,585 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:38 PM

Anyone here old enough to remember the old Alka Seltzer commercials? I can't believe I ate the whole thing!

Sorry about the ad...

See if this driver download helps.

http://www.rapidmaniac.com/search/relevant...-t60-windows-xp

#11 Gabrial

Gabrial

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

These are not the "Plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is fast fast fast." you are looking for.

Try these on for size:

Fingerprint Software 5.6.2 for Windows Vista (32-bit), XP (32-bit), and 2000 - required dependency for 5.8.x (install this first)

Fingerprint Software 5.8.5 for Vista (32-bit) and XP (32-bit) - ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation - current version according to the Lenovo driver matrix for your system.

Looking over the readme, a WHQL certified signed driver is included in the software package.

#12 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:36 PM

Anyone here old enough to remember the old Alka Seltzer commercials? I can't believe I ate the whole thing!

Sorry about the ad...

Yes I remember the Alka Seltzer commercials! This website requires a membership fee for seven days, is this a safe website! Thanks!!!!!

#13 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

Sorry about the ad...

Yes I remember the Alka Seltzer commercials! This website requires a membership fee for seven days, is this a safe website! Thanks!!!!!

Thank you for all of your help!!! The download from lenovo worked like a champ! Man you rock!!! I do have another problem and I know this is not the catagory to post it in but I am going to anyway. I have a pny micro flashdrive and sometimes windows xp recognizes it and sometimes I get no response! I let a friend of mine borrow it and now this is what I have! Do you know what may be a repairable action short of getting rid of the flashdrive. Thanks for all of your help again!!!!!

#14 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

Pork ribs marinated in Grand Marnier Yummy!!!

If you drink enough Grand Marnier beforehand, you wont care anything about the pork ribs!!!
In the beginning there was the command line.

#15 Gabrial

Gabrial

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:38 PM

Is this a USB stick? They don't last forever. About 100k writes if I recall. They can go bad easily from static discharge too, rattling around in your pocket. I have had alot of pny and kingston USB sticks go bad in such a way that they create too much heat and crash quickly. I've had to open them up and attatch a cooling system (which was really a quarter superglued to the overheating chip with a fan blowing on the whole thing) to successfully retrieve data off them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users