Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello World!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jarwain

Jarwain

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:35 PM

Hey peoples. :D
I'd like to help as many people as I can, in any way possible.
But To help others, i gotta help myself, firstt. xP

Well, the whole reason I'm here is because my computer got a malware, Anti- Spyware something or some such. It tricked me, because Microsoft Security Essentials found a legit virus, and the screen that appeared afterwards, I thought, was what was supposed to happen. I wan't familiar to MSE. So had a list of programs that it was searching, to see if they had a fix, and i should've been suspicious since Kaspersky didn't have a fix. Instead, 4 anti-virus thingy popped up that i ave never heard of before. Ever. So now one of my user accounts is completely immobilized.
Good thing I have 2 more. :D
Well, I found this place because my friend told me to use combo fix. But like a good person, I read the instructions first.

Yeah, sure, i have a feeling it might be a bit of a waste of time. I got a similar virus, and my dad took care of it after deleting some files in the registry and other stuff. But I don't feel like getting yelled at. XD
Besides, I still want to learn. :D

So Should I Follow Through with Combo Fix? Should I not? The world may never know. Until, of course, you guys answer. C:

-Jarwain

P.S. Im not expecting a fix, here and now. I just had to get that out of my system. Hehe, pun unintended. ^.^

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:42 PM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Jarwain

Jarwain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:45 PM

Well, I just did a search in the amazing tutorial section, and found the malware i accidentally installed (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-fake-microsoft-security-essentials-alert). :D
NOw to follow the Tutorial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users