Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:14 PM
It's a desktop unit.
I believe it's not shut properly. To simplify what i'm trying to say, i'll list the sequency of events as follows:
1. Switch on the machine, no problem whatsoever.
2. Once a dics is inserted in the DVD drive, the computer shuts down. A yellow light comes on where the standby light normally lit when put in standby mode.
3. However, I cannot turn the computer on or off with the on/off switch when under such condition
4. I have to unplug the mains and replug again to boot up ( Please note though, I don't have to phsically use the on/off switch to do so;bootup process start automatically when the main plug is inserted)
5. At startup, the computer asks me to choose an option to boot (that's why I believe it's not properly shut).