Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Computer, can't click desktop icons (sometimes)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mpiz3

mpiz3

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:42 PM

My computer has been acting incredibly weird lately. I've tried everything I can think of: Malwarebytes, Spybot, CCleaner, BitDefender, AVG, and numerous other online scans that I've found. They all turn up the same thing - nothing. However, my computer continues to run slow. Sometimes I can't click on my desktop icons and I have to restart in order to get them to work. This doesn't happen all the time - I've noticed it mostly when I come out of sleep mode - but when it does happen I can click on program icons on my task bar, but when I click IE it pops up, but the web won't load. Also, sometimes when I click on links on webpages the finger icon will remain up no matter where I move my cursor and the new page won't pop up for a minute or two. I tried doing the whole Restore option, which totally reinstalled Windows, but I don't think that worked.

I don't know if this is actually the problem, but it might be. I was doing multiple things on my computer and apparently one of the websites I went to had one of those fake virus scanner pop ups. I was going to click on something else when the pop up came up and I inadvertently clicked on it. I don't know if it installed something or not, but it never asked for me to "buy a full version" or anything like that. When I clicked on it that seemed to be it...nothing else happened. So like I said, don't know if that is it or not.

I greatly appreciate anyone that can help. THANKS!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

Please go to this link, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html follow the instructions, then post your problem to get the help you need.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users