Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no cache EVER

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MrSnrub

MrSnrub

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

I hate having to refresh my browser or clear my cache every single time I make a change to my webpage. Is there a way to prevent any cache at all from being loaded? I basically use Firefox and IE, btw.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:58 PM

I don't know about IE, but you could change the cache size for Firefox to 0 which would have the effect of eliminating the cache.

I recall at one point that you could check a box requesting the browser to always get the new page from the internet rather than from cache, but that was a few years ago and I don't remember if that was IE or FF. The current FF doesn't have that option.

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 MidwestTech

MidwestTech

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:13 PM

Hi,

You can change this setting in IE also.

Click Start, Control Panel, Internet Properties
from the General tab, under the heading 'Browsing history', click 'Settings'
for 'Check for newer versions of stored pages:' select the radio button for 'Every time I visit the webpage'
Click OK, OK.

Todd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users