Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All USB Device Drivers Are Not Functioning

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 maki2012

maki2012

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

This is why I switched to Linux a few years ago, but I switched back to Windows 7 hoping it would be better.
So, this is one last post for Win related hope. That and I never got to finish the main storyline of GTA IV.
There's also the fact that the common users computer can be hacked on site inside 2 minutes (Mac=3 lines of code, PC=live disk)

I turn on my computer today to be greeted (after log on screen) with alert after alert of USB Device Not Recognized Errors. ALL of my USB connected devices failed, including the portable HDD, integrated sound, WiFi, wireless keyboards and mice, card readers, and all flash drives and printers.

Device Manager shows 100+ entries of Unrecognized Device on High Definition Audio Device under Other Devices, all with the yellow exclamation point in a triangle. Oh and two Unknown Devices under USB Controllers. I tried a few restarts (3). The first boot I had no idea what was going on, so I just restarted. The second boot the Audio Drivers worked, but everything else was still shot. I'm typing this on the third boot, everything is still non-functioning.

I haven't tried everything yet, I have a huge arsenal of Windows fixes I have yet to try. I doubt it's a virus, but I'm running scans as I type this out. Just seeing if anyone has any suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

#3 maki2012

maki2012
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:29 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/aENirmaeoPq43PxVKNIr8Um

I like Piriform products, but I never noticed Speccy before. When was it released?

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

Have you updated all your drivers?

Did it do this on previous versions of Windows?

#5 maki2012

maki2012
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:18 PM

Everything is up to date, I had just booted up the computer and seen this. My iPod had produced the same error a week or so ago (no more syncing with iTunes). The only thing different is that I moved my wireless router and its a real mess behind my computer.

This is the first time it has happened (besides the iPod thing). I'll check for any updates, but a lot of them are plug and play devices (which I'm pretty sure is generic and part of Windows OS).

#6 maki2012

maki2012
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:09 PM

iPod still doesn't sync, but I fixed everything else.

After uninstalling all troublesome drivers and unplugging all USB devices (internal and external), shutting down and reconnecting the devices, then booting in safe mode has seemed to fix the problem.

Thanks cryptodan, this thread can be closed.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:12 PM

You may have to reinstall iTunes to get your iPod to work.

#8 maki2012

maki2012
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:14 PM

Oh believe me, I've tried everything. Here is the thread:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic351405.html

Same post on the Apple forum boards yielded no useful results either. I can still SSH, so that gives me some control for my filesystem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users