Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Anti Virus 2010. Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 woodsman801

woodsman801

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:37 PM

Hello All,

I believe my computer is infected with Anti Virus 2010.

My desktop background has been changed to blue.

I get several pop-ups.

The first one that appears is a message theat has a black background in big red letters "YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED" in smaller white letters it says "System has been stopped due to a serious malfunction. Spyware activity has been detected. It is recommended to use spyware removal tool to prevent data loss. Do not run any application before all spyware."

Then a window appears overtop of the black one. It title is "Windows Security Alert". It says, " your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and Iternet files. You should imideatly run fullscan your system to prevent any unauthorized access to your data. Click YES to run Antivirus scaner right now." The mispellings are accurately quoted.

Then a window appears titled "Microsoft Forefront Client Security" It says "Application failed to initialize: 0x800106ba. A problem caused this program's service to stop. To start the service, restart your computer or search Help and Support for how to start a service manually."

Then a window titled "Antivirus 2010" pops up. It says " Attention Threat Detected...

My friend pointed me to Combofix. I started my computer in Safe Mode with Networking and downloaded Combofix to my Desktop. I re-named it, "Mobofix.com" I started the program and it indicated I should get an expert involved, before I run it. It indicated I needed to consult this bleeping computer for expert help.

I would appricaite your assistance.

Woodsman801

Edited by Budapest, 11 October 2010 - 04:31 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:41 AM

Hi woodman,

to post a thread in malware removal sections, please follow this guide: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

regards myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users