Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

external hardware - SD card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Joxtersenior

Joxtersenior

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:00 PM

I've Win XP sP3 on my Dell. Recently bought an 8 gig SD card for camera. I use a Belkin card reader.
However, Windows while showing the various drives in the reader, does not show the card when it is inserted. Is this an XP problem? Was thinking about getting a 32 gig card for my netbook.

Joxter

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:59 PM

SP3 includes the XP update to enable acces to SDHC cards larger than 4BG, so it seems likely that the card reader is not compatible with SDHC. Both software and hardware must be SDHC aware to recognise the cards. Can you confirm whether the reader sees the card on another XP SP3 system, or can you borrow a known SDHC compatible reader to see if it solves the problem on your system?

Edited by Platypus, 11 October 2010 - 05:54 PM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users