Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello Everyone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 plinn777

plinn777

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:06 PM

Just introducing myself.

Been checking out the site for years, whenever a typical, or sometimes not so typical, computer problem arises. So I thought it high time I just joined the community. The information Ive gotten from this site over the years has been invaluable and Im extremely grateful. To the point where people not in the know, actually think Im some type of computer expert....which I am far from. If they only knew.....heh.

But what that does tell me, is just how little most of us really know about our computers, which we all rely on for so much, yet also take for granted. I just happen to be resourceful enough to actually poke around and understand as much as I possibly can. For my own personal knowledge, as well as being the family delegate to maintain and correct whatever may come due to having a fiance who either doesnt know or doesnt care to know...as well as her 14 year old daughter who has kept me very busy over the last 6 years we've all been cohabitating together for, fixing her breadcrumb trail of errors....hahaha.

I also run the social network sites for the band Im in and am now about to embark on the undertaking of a REAL website, that isn't just Facebook and/ or MySpace.... I know, I know.....who even uses MySpace anymore? But the page has existed for 2 or 3 years. So why take it down. It does have all of our biographical info, songs, videos, gig listings, etc... and other than Facebook and until I get the real site going, is the only resource we have for the band.

But not having ever taken on a project like this and not knowing really anything (other than some minor HTML codes) about web development, I figure this is my best shot of learning it all without having to go "out of house" and pay someone to do it for us.

So Im looking forward to my experience here with everyone.

{How embarrassing....my first post and I actually spell the word "hello" wrong in the topic heading.....hahahahahahahah. Looks like I joined right in the nick of time.....hahaha.}

Edited by plinn777, 11 October 2010 - 12:08 PM.

...where all but a few fall by the wayside, on the grassier verge...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

Hello and :flowers: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.

I took care of your typo for you :thumbsup:
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 plinn777

plinn777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:29 PM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.

I took care of your typo for you :flowers:

Thank you much....

I have been checking through a wide variety of the different areas of the site.... including of course the New Users and Tutorials. And also the Startup and Autoruns advice as well.

As I said, Ive been well aware of and checking and lurking here for years, so I thought it high time I join. Thanks for the welcome! While Im no expert and far from what the mods/ admins and advisors are capable of...Ive been know to clean up a system or two and get friends PCs running smoothly. One friend, I dont even want to get into....NO antivirus and at least 7 or 8 toolbars (yahoo, ask, etc....). Hes just clueless. But it is funny listening to him complain about why his PC is so slow. He's lucky he hasnt completely crashed it yet.

Thanks again and I look forward to my time here, for sure!

Paul

...where all but a few fall by the wayside, on the grassier verge...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users