Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.dropper/SVChost-fake removal help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 computeridiot24/7

computeridiot24/7

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

Hi. On my desktop computer while randomly surfing the web, my computer antivirus popped up and said my computer was infected with Trojan.dropper/SVChost-fake. After quarantining and "removing" the Trojan with SUPERANTISPYWARE free edition and restarting my computer, I scanned my desktop again and found that the superantispyware detected the same trojan. For two days afterward, my desktop ran all right. But, on the 3rd day, it started getting slower and slower. Now it is so slow that it takes 5-10 minutes just for the program icons and the toolbar to appear on the main screen. Also, I am unable to run superantispyware all the way through a scan, for a problem message pops up and the superantispyware window disappears. I am also unable to install malwarebytes on my desktop. I have no idea how to fix this, and all the rest of the help for this Trojan on the internet has not worked. Please help!!!!!!!

Edited by computeridiot24/7, 11 October 2010 - 11:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computeridiot24/7

computeridiot24/7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:42 PM

well, I have now found the solution to this problem. I called DELL support and the service man there was able to log onto my computer and fix the problem. For having two years of service if any problem comes up on my desktop, I paid $150, and I can tell you it was well worth it.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:44 PM

As this issue appears to be resolved I am closing the topic. Please send me (or any other Moderator) a Personal Message (PM) if you would like the topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users