Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security , Antivirus, Firewall And Privacy And Protection Methods

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kbudda

kbudda

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:56 PM

Do you really have to buy all of this software to get rid of this virus or whatever it may be. And if so, which one is cheaper. I would really appreciate the help because I have DSL and whatever it is bothering it, makes it run slow as hell. If it is going to be expensive how much is going to cost me because I'm struggling as it is. I,m trying to get into my music business and I want this problem to be eliminated. Thank You! Thank You! And god bless your heart.

Edited by kbudda, 16 November 2005 - 10:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:32 PM

You can get all of your protection for free.

Antivirus (choose only 1):
AVG
Avast Anti-virus
Antivir
Bitdefender

Firewall (choose only 1):
Outpost Firewall
Sygate
ZoneAlarm

Spyware/Malware Removal (use all of these):
aČ free
ewido security suite
Ad-Aware
Spybot S&D
Spywareblaster
SpywareGuard

Also read this tutorial:
Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

Edited by tg1911, 16 November 2005 - 11:35 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users