Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Krumweede

Krumweede

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:37 AM

I just bought Final Fantasy 14 and after I installed and started playing it got incredibly laggy and took twice the time to do anything. I talked to a friend and he said I would prob have to update my video card since it's at the minimum requirements, but I came here to see what other options I have.

These are my specs its kinda long sorry....

-=-=-=-=-=-=- System Information -=-=-=-=-=-=-

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64bit (build 7600)
Processor Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Number of Processors Logical Core Count 4 Physical Core Count 4
BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A06
Language English (Regional Setting: English)
Physical Memory 4029.926MB
Virtual Memory 2047.875MB
Page File 8057.996MB
Storage C:\ Hard Disk Drive Total Disk Space 450.722GB Free Disk Space 348.138GB
Storage D:\ Hard Disk Drive Total Disk Space 15.000GB Free Disk Space 10.333GB
Storage F:\ Hard Disk Drive Total Disk Space 931.284GB Free Disk Space 891.963GB
DirectX Version DirectX 11
Graphic Device(s) NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
+Device \\.\DISPLAY1
+Chip GeForce 9800 GT
+Maker NVIDIA
+Video Memory 499.938 MB
+Shared Video Memory 1758.963 MB
+DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC
+Display Mode 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
+Driver nvd3dum,nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2um, nvwgf2umx.dll
+Driver Version 7.15.0011.7531
+Driver Date 7/14/2008 3:58:48 PM
+Driver Language English
+Vertex Shader 3.0
+Pixel Shader 3.0
+Vertex Texture Supported

I have two displays and they say the same thing.

Here are the system requirements from 2 sources, Square and 3rd party.
http://www.ffxivinfo.com/systemreqs.php
http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/recom/na/pc.html

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Krumweede

Krumweede
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

Oh I forgot, I also updated my driver since those specs.

My price range is $150 and I found this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814125341

Any thoughts?

Edited by Krumweede, 11 October 2010 - 11:12 AM.

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

Ahh, Final Fantasy 14, I am presently playing the PC version of Final Fantasy VIII, I bought the game in 2000 but never actually played it until recently and I am at the end of disk two where I have to defeat Edna for a second time in the game.

I was told by many people in a game web site I frequent for game walk-thrus, that this is common with this game.

A 1 GB or above video card is needed to play this game.

I see you posted again since I started posting this and the link you added has 1 Gb of memory, so that card should work well.

I wish you luck with the game.

I do not know if you ever played Final Fantasy 8, but even for the old game that it is, I am still impressed with the graphic animations it has, it also runs well on my Windows 7 32 Bit machine, with 3 Gb of Memory and a GeForce 6200 AGP 256 Mb.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:04 PM

I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV since the collector's edition was released. This game was designed to be beautiful five years from today and thus requires a beefy system to play it on. The graphics card will be a major factor in playability, and the amount of video memory really has no bearing on the play unless you're sub 1GB. I had a GeForce 9800 GTX in SLI mode and the game was very choppy, I had to upgrade to a Radeon 5850 (The HIS H585FN1GD Radeon HD 5850 to be specific) to get decent framerates. For reference the GTS 450 is quite a bit slower than a Radeon 5770, much less a 5850. This game, I think, also takes full advantage of quad core CPU's, the newer and faster the better. I have an Intel Core 2 Quad 9450, which is about a generation ahead of yours, and the game runs quite well with the new GPU/CPU combination. Unless you are blown away by the game enough to purchase a new high-end graphics card, there really isn't much you can do beyond what you have.

Edited by DJBPace07, 11 October 2010 - 10:10 PM.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users