Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help in deleting files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 neonknight

neonknight

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:50 AM

Can anyone suggest me some free tool which will delete all the files from HDD which I had already deleted from recycle bin earlier ? I'm asking for this kinda tool cause I had few files on my company's laptop which I was not supposed to have. I have deleted them from recycle bin but I doubt when I return it, these guy will recover it back and put me in trouble! please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:59 AM

Hmm.... I haven't used any file shredding programs myself, so am not able to personaly recommend a particlular one.

However, I did a quick Google search and found the following one: http://www.fileshredder.org/

It appears to be free, so you might as well give it a try.

You might want to do some additional Google searches yourself, or perhaps even visit the MajorGeeks website and see what their recommendations are.

Best Wishes.

Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:06 AM

The best proceedure is a low level format. This completely wipes the drive. Then reinstall the OS if needed.
Use the free version of Active@ KillDisk.
Or Darik's Boot And Nuke

For XP and Vista.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users