Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help. Microsoft Security Essentials trojan or virus causing windows explore crash and restart.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jiggarelli

Jiggarelli

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:05 PM

I used bleepingcomputer.com for the directions to remove the FAKE microsoft security essentials virus/trojan. I ran RKILL and used (after updating) malwarebytes. It takes almost 3 hours to run a full scan, and I've ran it three times, and it's running now. I got the message and pop up talked about here first... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...ssentials-alert - and I took care of it following the instructions.

Then I started to get the pop up about explorer had crashed and will restart. My windows bar with the time and start menu button dissipated and came back over and over again. Then it just stopped. This is after running rkill, following the instructions, malwarebytes and restarting. I log in from the login screen and everything appears normal for a second, then I get the explorer has stopped working or crashed message and my screen goes completely black. I can pull up task manager to get to chrome browser and my stuff on the pc, but windows explore (not internet explorer, but the one that runs windows) just isn't working.

After I ran it, it seemed to work just fine, for one sitting, then this happened. What can I do now? I hard drive wipe is not an option as someone stole my external, and I have almost all of my hd on here saving my music and video until I can by another one.

Also, on a side note... there are two users on this pc. The other one is notorious for downloading and being stupid with my machine...HOWEVER this time, it looks like me. As her "side" of the computer - her log in and desktop - WORK NORMAL and just fine!

What have I done, and what can I do? I'm off work (as a drummer) for the next 4 months from a broken finger and tearing a tendon, so I'm going to be flat busted broke, and NEED my pc to get a little work done and sell my possessions on eBay! <Seriously... :thumbsup:

Any help would be so greatly appreciated,
Jayson

Removed personal contact information to protect from spambots. ~ OB- google phone number - text's and calls accepted for this matter.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 20 September 2011 - 12:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users