Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player 11 gone?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 halfnerdhybrid

halfnerdhybrid

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

Hi, everyone. Here's an interesting one for you

Windows Media Player isn't showing up anymore.

Just isn't. I can open a .MP3 and it will play fine. Mini-mode shows up when I "minimize" it by clicking on it in the task bar. But, when I try to make it the top window, I have no interface at all. Clicking around doesn't do anything, I just have no interface suddenly. It was open to watch a DVD copy of "Daybreakers" just fine, I closed it, and then when I tried to open it to play a song, it wouldn't show up.

I tried re-installing WMP already, it didn't fix it, and that's all I could figure out to do to try and fix it. Any help, or should I go to WinAmp or something?

Edited by halfnerdhybrid, 10 October 2010 - 07:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:34 PM

When you uninstall the media player 11, and it rolls back to media player 10, does the program act as it should?

Gavin Seabrook

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

If it works...it's there.

If you are referring to some shortcut to WMP...you can simply create shorcut to the native program...and place such wherever you want.

Louis

#4 halfnerdhybrid

halfnerdhybrid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

Yep, it works fine. I tried re-installing 11, and it still won't show up.... Same problem as before.

#5 halfnerdhybrid

halfnerdhybrid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:12 PM

Sorry for the double-post

Luis, it's working fine, and there, but I can't see anything, and when I bring the program up from the taskbar, I see absolutely nothing. I can't click on any of the menus to choose anything, either.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:11 AM

Not sure what you are saying...in any case, if WMP is corrupt...try rolling back to the previous version (since 11 is not native) and see if that works properly.

If it does, then update to WMP 11 again.

Sounds to me as if XP/11 is corrupt and may require an XP repair install or sfc /scannow.

I would check Event Viewer for related errors which might provide direction.

Louis

#7 Gabrial

Gabrial

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

press CTRL-ALT-DEL and bring up the task manager. Look and see if it's listed under Applications, if it is, click "Switch To" and see if it appears. If not, it may have a corrupt windows position cache and Windows is trying to display it off screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users