Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer is great sometimes and slow others.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 raidencmc

raidencmc

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:48 PM

It almost always seems the HD is running both the light and I hear it. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1277198 This is a link to my last problem and it was fine for a long time. My buddy came over awhile ago and was using my computer when I was not around. Later on I found out he downloaded some torrents. I deleted them and removed bitorrent. The problem did not begin around the same time but I don't know enough to say whether the 2 were related. Basically at some points everything works great amazingly fast and then other times it is just so slow you can't even use it. Now when it began to slow down I started using auto runs and disabling start up programs and other unnecessary programs. Which I guess helped but it is much of a blur as to the progression of the problem. I have Macfee installed and sometimes when it is running it will pause for no reason. I run that regularly, Windows defender and avira. Last week one of them removed some files but nothing changed. Also I looked back at the above mentioned post and re did all that was asked. (mbam quick scan, mbam full, dr web ATFin safe mode and Superantispyware in safemode) I think it was when I ran super anti spyware it removed some items and it just still is the same. Thursday when my wife logged on to her account the desktop was different and took along time to load. And of course it she got a pop up in the tool bar explaining why it was different but neglected to tell me what it said. So I am not sure where to start of what to do?

Other problems are:
When you click on a link at a web site it seems to be loading and then you get a blank page.
Sometimes pages look blurry and you can't do anything at all.
Very long time shutting down and starting up.
You have to double click 2 times to open a program.
When you click a button on a webpage it is like clicking it twice.

Edited by raidencmc, 10 October 2010 - 06:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users