Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help removing Antivirus 2010 Malware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 enewton

enewton

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:56 PM

Ok, here's my problem. My computer is infected with the Antivirus 2010 program. I can download and install Malware Bytes software and even get it to run. But after I click on the "Start Scan" button, the scan starts but never gets past 8 seconds and completely shuts down. I have also downloaded the program on another computer using a jump drive, saved the .exe file with different names, and then loaded it on my infected computer....even after all of this, it still shuts down Malwarebytes immediately after the scan begins. I have even tried to run it from another user that is listed on my computer but the virus keeps shutting down the program right after it starts. Have also tried Rkill before running MB, but still no go.

I've been to several websites and tried different things...... and when ever my computer gets infected, renaming the Malwarebytes file a different name usually helps. But this time it is NOT WORKING !!!!!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.....NEED HELP......ANY ADVISE WILL BE GREATELY APPRECIATED.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HelenErnst

HelenErnst

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

Did you get any help with this problem? I have exactly the same issue and cannot get any of the anti-malware probrams to run.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:09 PM

@ enewton,

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

@ HelenErnst,

You've already done this. Please be patient and wait for a response from the team. It may be several days because of the vast quantity of help requests.

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users