Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Recognizing Microphone

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Krahn

Krahn

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:51 PM

I need help on this. I have two headset/microphones here, one is brand new. Both of them work as tested by my friend. One connects through USB, the other through the standard green and pink cables into the back of my computer. Both, when connected, give sound, but neither take voice input at all - they are simply not recognized as microphones.

I've tried EVERYTHING. Been Googling this problem for days now.

I'm running MS Windows XP SP3, and I have all the specs for my computer available upon request. Drivers are updated, I believe.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M55PLUS-S3G.

Please help me out here. I'm fairly proficient using a computer; I just can't figure this problem out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:10 PM

Check your sound options in the Control panel and make sure that one of them is set to your default recording microphone and they are not set to be on mute.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users