Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Search Results are being Hijacked and Redirected

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 WillShattuck

WillShattuck

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:20 PM

Hi all,

A few weeks ago I noticed that my Google Search Results in Firefox are being redirected at random times and with random search results to various strange sites. Some of the redirected links go to a site that provides a download link. Some go to a website landing page for some sort of ad generation site. I cannot predict when this will happen. I also noticed that when going to the Google Search start page, that my cursor doesn't automatically start in the search field like it does on Chrome or Internet Explorer.

I have run SuperAntiSpyWare, Malwarebytes, GooredFix. Some items were found and fixed, but I still have the issues with Google search results being hijacked. I'e searched through the BC forums, but haven't found anything that was able to remove it without some advanced help. Not wanting to mess up my computer I thought I would post here.

System: Windows 7 Professions 32-bit
Firefox 3.6.10

Please let me know what you would like me to do.

Thanks for any help. I'm already subscribed to the topic.

Will

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users